Sunday, May 2, 2010

At the Precipice of dispair

Standing on the ledge I look over the edge with the urge to jump. For those few seconds I would fly and then I would know the answers to it all. What really happens after death. I slowly sway back and forth. Swaying between what I should do . First it is let go and then its grab hold. Fall or walk away. What can I do? No one can answer the question. I follow their advice, but it never answers the question. Should I let go and fall or grab on and hold. Why are the answers harder when you are weaker? I just want relief. I sway forward towards the edge, but then I stop what if the end is not the "relief" I think it is. I sway back. What of the people that I love and love me. If I let go or grab hold. How will it effect them? What will this end do to my family what will that end do? I sway towards the edge I cannot worry about others I should only worry about myself. But. What about them ? Then I stop, I can't do that to them can I? Every pro has a con every lift has a crash at its ending. How can I face tomorrow if things don't change I sway forward. But I cannot face tomorrow if I go I stop. Jump! No Stay! Jump! Stay! JUMP! STAY! JUMP, JUMP, JUMP, stay don't leave me. No don't don't please don't. I sway one way and then the other but it is too late. My choice is made. I let go and fall.......... the seconds seem like hours when will I hit? I fell the wind rushing by I feel the pain slowly ebbing away. And then. The cold surface makes contact I lie there for a few seconds my eyes blink and I stand. The war is not over but this battle has been won I open the door to the stairs and climb down from the roof. The winner I have look once again into the eye of failure, but I have won.

No comments:

Post a Comment