Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Great Hands



Along with all the rest I lay in the pile. Waiting till it is my turn. Waiting wondering when the time will come that I too will be chosen. The Great hand reaches down and collects what HE feel is enough for each one. I have seen many taken before me and still I wait. Finally the great hand reaches down and grabs a hold of me. The hand holds me firmly but not cruelly. The fingers are calloused and worn yet soft and caring. They have seen the creation of many before me and will see many after wards. I wait with breathless anticipation wondering what great thing HE will make of me. I have seen some of the others before that have become great figures that bring hope and help people through their darkest hours. I most assuredly must be destined for something like that. I am of good quality after all. Well maybe a few faults here and there. The great hand dips into the waters and slowly brings smooths my rough edges. Between his great hands he makes me pliable. It hurt just a little but pain brings out what the great one has in store for me. I hit the surface and the table slowly spins. The great ones foot rhythmically moves the pedal of the table up and down. I feel his great hands begin to mold me. But my base seems way to large … Great one you must have made a mistake there is not enough of me to be this size. The hands continue to mold me as the table spins. Great one how can I bring awe to your greatness if my base is so simple? You must be doing it wrong. The table continues to spins and the hands take no notice of my questions. Suddenly and begin to curve in, again I am grabbed but fear and questions. Great one no one will remember how I look if I look this plain and, and well goofy . Please you must be doing it wrong cant you start over? Not a sound as if the Great hands cannot hear they just continue to work. Finally I feel the great hands smoothing of my upper most edge. Well I guess I can work with these, maybe I can draw others to this point and they will not notice the other not so pleasant parts. BUT wait, something else is being done to me . The Great hands pull the front of my upper edge and pull down just slightly. Oh no Great one not that it looks stupid people will laugh. Don’t leave it that way. I feel stupid and I don’t know what I am going do. Why would the Great hands, hands that have made such beauties make me look this way? Well at least I am finished and I can spend my time in hiding and no one will know how I look. But wait HE is not done. Great one now what? The Great hand reaches down and takes more out of the same pile I was in. He begins to work it too. But wait, why is this one not as oddly shaped as me? Well hopefully I won’t have to spend too much time with this one. Look that one gets to be uniformly shaped and thin. I am pear shaped and ugly. I hate that one. Slowly the Great hands lift the long thin one up and towards me. No, No please… no don’t . But it doesn’t seem to make any difference. The Great hands slowly attach the tall thin one to my back. Now not only do I have to know that there is one better looking than I, I must be stuck to it. Slowly and gently the Great hands lift the two of us up and place us in an oven. Great I think now I will be stuck with this one forever after the heat we will go through we will never be apart. Then the heat comes. I wonder if I can ever survive this. But when it seems like I cannot bear it any longer the great hands come and pull us free. We stand there as one slightly shining in the sun yet still nothing like the others before us. We are plain. I am sad but the thin one seems happy ( I hate that ) . What great things can we do for the Great hands looking like this? No one will remember us. It seems like days and all we do is sit on the shelf and gather dust while We sit on the shelf. BUT THEN, One day we are removed from the shelf and taken from the shop of the Great hands. What is going on don’t put us in the spot light people will see how stupid I look how bad made my shape is. We reach our destination and I still have no clue on how We can help anyone, maybe a laugh when they are sad but nothing else. To my surprise I see a multitude of children in a dry desolate place. They all seem so very hungry. Why has not the Great hands sent some of his more beautiful creations to help here? We are just a funny piece of junk that cannot be used. But wait we are taken to the front of the line, hundreds of eyes light up as they see us pass. Great I think how much am I to be made to endure. Now I think back to my shelf in the Great hands work shop and wish I were there. WAIT we are slowly lowered in to a pot of bubbling stew. The warmth does not burn me yet warms me from within. Slowly we are raised from the pot scraped on the edge and then moving slowly through the mass of children We are use to fill the bowls of the children with the first warm meal they have had in day maybe weeks. As We are brought close I see their eye look at me and they do not see myself declared ugliness. No they only see they beauty of what the Great hands has done. They do not see the great host of the Great hands recreated in wood , stone or clay. No they see the Love of the Great hands lived out through the things that we may see as lowly.

One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? Romans 9 : 19-21

We will not know what the Great hands are priming us for till we come to that time.

"There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you" Johnny Diaz

No comments:

Post a Comment