Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Student Thing

Being disabled sucks. Yea I get money from the Government that I don't "work for" but it's not a whole lot. I mean it pays the bills and I am grateful for it. But there is never enough to go around and have some left for fun stuff with the wife and kids. I could try getting a job , but I can't do lots of physical labor anymore. I had a job at Wally-world for a year and a half. I only made 8 dollars and change, But I still had to be careful. You see with adult disabilty you can only make so much money a month if you go over the amount your in deep doo doo . Plus they don't take away a little of the money you were getting . They take it all. So say you want to make some extra money for christmas and handle the work for a little while. You could end up screwing your self. You slow work your way off it either, its almost an all or nothing set up. So if you want to be free of being dependent on uncle sam what are you to do? You have to find a job that you can handle working 40 hours a week, and make enough money so that when they take away your disability your ok. A Very scary thought when you have a family depending on you. So what do you do?? My solution is school , I admit it is not all that origanal. In fact I blatently stole the idea and the choice of school from a friend. Rick went to the same school I am years ago and is doing ok. So I figure that if worked for hime itr should work for me .
In therory this woeks great go to school get a good job, the sun shines, brids sings, dogs crap gold. Only getting into the swing of things isn't that easy. This last semister has been beatting me down deay after day. The semisters are only eight weeks long so if you fall behind good luck fixing it. Well week two start and the old laptop won't charge. I narrow it down to the cord as the problem so I call hp and they send me a new one. But its not till friday that I get it. The week is shot to hell. Week three starts and the black cloud of depress sink in. This a really great time I am behind in school AND depressed. Nancy My wife had planed a few days away with a friend at this same time . I didn't want to say anything to her because this girl dosen't enough breaks as it is. So she is gone for a few and I mired deeper. Didn't even try to do school. When she Came home we talked and came up with a plan . I needed to get out of the house to study.
So now I have a plan and my engine is reving up a thing get moving again. Slowly but moving. I beat my head againt the wall for days to get the assignments done , But I was moving. Then depression stepped in again . Week 5 starts and the place I am studing at is locked so I can't turn on the lights to see. Now here is a good place to stop and say I hate unexpected change, Nothing gripes my cookies more then things changing at the last second. So I assume that they don't want me there. I had permission but I figured that the door was locked so they don't want me there. Did I ask any one to unlock the door NO. What a dink . Instead I go home and stew for a few days again . Now its week six two week after this and it all over . So now I spend six , seven hours a day sitting trying to catch up and pass. Man You gotta love the rough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment